Thursday, December 3, 2020

Advent Calendar - Day 3

 


Good morning! 

One of the best parts about the Advent Calendar is that through the years, so many readers have been inspired to add their own stories or art or whatever to the festivities. It's always fun. It always adds so much. 

So I want to remind everyone that there's still plenty of room in this year's calendar, if you've got an idea or would like to participate. ;-

Today we have something quite different from longtime reader friend thelastaerie. This is an "Incorrect Quotes" post she did for her Tumblr. (Speaking of which, if you're on Tumblr, come say hi!) 

Now, I have to admit I had no idea what incorrect-got-quotes were and had to look this up online (which resulted in some pretty entertaining web browsing). Basically, it seems to be taking scenes from films and captioning them with totally incorrect and generally very funny quotes. You can also take funny photos and apply your favorite character quotes OR create your own character art and make up quotes. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. It's just for fun.

So thank you to thelastaerie for sharing a bit of holiday dialog between Scout and Tomkins. ;-)  








26 comments:

  1. *dies laughing* Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any idea what Incorrect Quotes is, but being an animal owner, I found this highly amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! Bad Mr. Tomkins! It won't be Scout's vision, it will be his pancreas and a $1,000 vet bill! I loved the references to scratches on the desk! My bathroom vmcabinets are solid scratches where Levon the cat digs his back claws in every time he jumps on the counter. 🤨 Thank you to thelastaerie for sharing your cleverness! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea Mr. Tomkins was so sinister a figure in the English household!

      Delete
  4. That was fun! Thank you thelastaerie and Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly what it takes to start the day with a smile ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable.
    No Scout, don't do it — chocolate is bad for dogs! Save some for me, er for Jake...
    Good job, thelastaerie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly what it takes to start the day with a smile ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I didn't know about "incorrect quotes" but it's hilarious! Thank you for this discovery!
    I made up my mind and I'm writing something for you. ^^ It will probably be too clumsy as English is not my first language. Or too long (I've just finished the first page and I'm not halfway through my story). But I'll never dare to write it if I let my fears get the better of me! So I'm doing my best here. And hope you'll like at least the idea. I dn't think you'll use it in your advent calendar but if it pleases you (plus the fact that it's fun to write and a challenge to do it in another language) then it will be enough for me :D
    I can't wait to introduce you to Killian O'Leary and a long lost character of yours :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to hear this!!!! YAY!

      Delete
    2. Oh my! It's getting longer and longer! It was supposed to be a short coda but I'm already at page 4 and far from the ending! But I have so much fun! I hadn't had inspiration to write in years and now it seems I can't stop XD I love doing this!!!

      Delete
  9. That was cute. I don't have Tumblr, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Poor Scout. He's no match for Tomkins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to explore these online! My favorite part of this is Tomkins whistling. My cat can't seem to do it even for his favorite treats.

    ReplyDelete