Sunday, December 20, 2020

Advent Calendar Day 20

 


Today's little giftie is a repeat from years past. 

Some of you know that in another part of my life I'm a just a singer in a rock and roll band. Okay no. I'm a singer of Celtic folk music. And I'm in a band--well, sort of. Even pre-COVID we didn't play that much anymore, but you mark my words, youngling, in our day we were out there gigging every single week and playing festivals across the country, and so on and so forth, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Anyway, we recorded a Christmas album (now out of print) and it has some kind of nice things, and I thought for today that I'd pop one of ours in here because I thought had time to finish this coda I'm working on, but I didn't! 

The song is "Christmas in Carrick," which I believe was written by the Clancy Brothers? Performed by The Browne Sisters and George Cavanaugh (Eric Rigler is on Uilleann pipes).

Click here to listen. 


14 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago, I found your Christmas CD and I really enjoy it. I enjoy all your CD's. Such beautiful harmonies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Miss seeing you guys in Pleasanton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive. Makes me want to dance a jig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thank you for this.
    Whenever I've listened to The Browne Sisters, I think about that dinner in Catalina when the restaurant/bar moved on to karaoke night and how...painful... that must have been for you and your sister. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.....makes me want more from Luke and Tim and the Parting Glass.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so busy preparing Christmas I couldn't come here so I'm llate but this song it so beautiful! I love celtic tunes, their rythm, the voices... I LOVE it! You should perform again, all of you!

    ReplyDelete