Monday, December 22, 2014

Advent Calender - Day 22

Photo by Kovalevska licensed thru Shutterstock
"Mistletoe" by Walter de la Mare

Sitting under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
One last candle burning low,
All the sleepy dancers gone,
Just one candle burning on,
Shadows lurking everywhere:
Some one came, and kissed me there.
Tired I was; my head would go
Nodding under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
No footsteps came, no voice, but only,
Just as I sat there, sleepy, lonely,
Stooped in the still and shadowy air
Lips unseen - and kissed me there.

8 comments:

  1. Beutiful poem. So sweet and melancholic... Thank you, Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful, yet wistful. Plus you always find the most excellent pictures to accompany what has been written. Thank you, Josh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Susan's wistful for this, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Wistful. Perfect. Fairy mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely. Somehow reminds me of Archer from Green Glass Beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I like that a lot! I have problems this year to feel the right Christmas feeling! But you and your Advent Calendar, that give me Christmas, really a great gift!

    ReplyDelete