Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Advent Calendar Day 8

 


Happy Holidays! Happy Wednesday! 

Many years later, I'm still on my quest for the perfect chocolatey Christmas cocktail. Not that I don't love my Gingerbread martinis or my long-time fave Pimm's Cups, but every so often I get a hankering for a chocolate martini with a little bit of holiday zing. 

So the Office Elf came across this, courtesy of Town and Country A lot of those martinis look really, really good, but especially interesting to me is the Snow Cap. There are several variations on this--sometimes they're called Snowflakes or Snowslides or Snow Falls--but they always seem to boil down to Kahlua and vodka. 

(If you've got a choice chocolate holiday cocktail, could you share it in the comment section down below?) 

Anyway, here's the recipe for Town and Country's Snow Cap. If you try it, let me know what you think. And I'll return the favor. ;-) 

The Snow Cap


Ingredients

1.5 oz Baileys

1 oz vodka

1.5 oz coconut cream

Oreo dust

coconut wafer (What, pray tell, is a coconut wafer? Anyone?)


Instructions

Add Baileys, vodka, and coconut cream to shaker and shake with ice. Strain into martini glass rimmed crushed Oreos. Garnish with coconut wafer.


 

4 comments:

  1. Just one more JL drink recipe to try on NYE. It's my annual tradition!

    Easy Coconut wafer recipe: https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/coconut-wafers/11797/

    The hard part: rolling them while still piping hot. You need asbestos fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Ouch! Maybe we can buy them somewhere?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm seems tasty too.Maybe I'd create something with chocolate and my beloved Amareto (because Amareto goes with everything) and a little Baileys. it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete