Sunday, December 19, 2021

Advent Calendar Day 19

 


How well do you think you know my work?

Today I thought we'd do something a little different.

If you follow me on social media, you know that off and on I do First Line Friday teasers. Basically, I match the first line and only the first line of one of my stories with what seems like appropriate or complementary art.

Today, I thought it would be fun to do LAST lines, without actually identifying the book, and letting you guys guess which story you think it belongs to. 

Now this only works if you don't peek at your library! 

Here are our five final sentences:


1 - The gravity of his face gave way to a slow, sweet smile. “No? And you call yourself a detective?”


2 - “And I agree that it’s a long and winding road and many miles to travel, miles to go before we sleep together. But George…maybe you could meet me halfway?”


3 - It reminded him of home.


4 - Before our lips met, I whispered, “Baby, I thought you’d never ask.”


5 - I leaned forward to kiss him. “It is.”


Here are our five book covers:












What do you think? DID YOU PEEK????

14 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOD. This is so hard! How could you do this to me on a Sunday morning! I am so tempted to peek, but I'm not going to. And I'm going to get them all wrong cuz it's been so long since I have read any of those titles! And you know we never pay attention to the last line cuz we are too upset that the story is over!!! Anyway, here goes nothing.

    1 The Boy Next Door
    2 Jefferson Blythe, Esquire
    3 A Case of Christmas
    4 So This Is Christmas
    5 I Spy Something Christmas

    I DID NOT PEEK! And now I am afraid to....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All winners 🥰🥰
    I think!:
    1 boy next door
    2 Jefferson blythe esquire
    3 a case of Christmas
    4 so this is Christmas
    5 I spy Something Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haan... I wanna play. But I'm exausted. I'm not even sure of my own name right now, after doing the Christmas tree all day and then editing the coda I promised you.
    But the tree is done and the coda is sent at the justjoshinink email. :D It's 2:30 AM here now and I'm going to faint directly into my sheets. But I'll do the game tomorrow and then compare my answers with the others (no way to cheat as I'm at my mom's) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. The only one I knew for sure was 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I would have thought the one for sure one was #4! :-D

      Delete
  5. Got 'em! Though the first 2 were tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I had a good sleep and now I can play :D

    - Jefferson Blythe, esquire = 2.
    It was the easiest one as there is the name George ;)

    - So this is Christmas = 4
    I remembered it sa again easy.

    - A case of Christmas = 3
    It was harder as I didn't read it in at least 6 months and I usually go through all the novellas collection book. :P But I'm pretty sure that's it.

    - The boy next door = 1
    I'm not sure as I never read it (no paper version yet). But it's the only remaining title with a detective in the story so I think it should be right.

    - I spy something Christmas = 5
    I'm not sure either as I didn't read again in the past 4 months and it's such a short sentence! LOL But as it is the only remaining possible pair... We'll see if I'm a good detective or not :D

    Thank you for the game, it was funny!

    ReplyDelete