Friday, December 10, 2021

Advent Calendar Day 10

I'm just about done with my holiday shopping, the tree is trimmed, the halls are decked, the freezer is stuffed to bursting with holiday treats (also the liquor cabinet) and the Office Elf is wrapping my presents for me, so I'm in pretty good shape and able to completely focus is on finishing Body at Buccaneer Bay for it's December 18th release. 

So today it's just a jaunty little holiday song from 1940s (actually, I'm sure it's older, but this version is from the 40s). "Little Jack Frost Get Lost" sung by Marjorie Hughes (performed by Frankie Carle and His Orchestra). 

You're be humming this all day. You're welcome. ;-)




5 comments:

  1. You were right the first time; it's from the 40's. Copyright June 19, 1947 (Seger Ellis, Al Stillman).

    Original recording (October 1948) here: https://youtu.be/Cv7CcOd5bsg. The Frankie Carle version was only a month later (November 1948).



    https://secondhandsongs.com/work/180514/versions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, you! Congrats on being on top of things! I happen to love "Little Jack Frost," especially when he turns off the heat doen in Lovers Lane 😆 And I will be humming it all day now 😏

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be my age but you really don't get such quality music like this anymore. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woaw... First: such a great news to know that I will spend Christmas day reading your new book.
    But I'm jealous because we are nowhere near ready here. We just exchanged our Xmas wishlists today (so still need to order everything and then wrapp and wrappa and wrapp). Tomorrow my mom will get the tree. With my bad anckle I won't be able to provide much help decorating it so I will probably focus on creating gorgeous bows (that's where lies my forte) to put on the gifts and we haven't even thought about stocking the fridge...
    This will be hectic!

    ReplyDelete