Friday, September 9, 2022

What I Did on My Summer Vacation - 2022

 


Other than nearly slicing my thumb off Tuesday night (ugh, don't ask) all is well in the land of Lanyon.

Unlike last year, this summer has been both creative and productive and, better still, pretty much drama-free. I completed The Movie-Town Murders, Death at the Deep Dive, and Hide and Seek

The sibs and I are rehearsing and performing again--and batting around the idea of producing an eighth album. 

I've got lots of audio coming, new translations, etc.

Currently, I'm working on Puzzle for Two (for Patreon) and Lament at Loon Landing (Secrets and Scrabble 6) with no hard ETA on either. 

That's pretty much the update. I KNOW. THRILLING STUFF. :-D

My social media presence is pretty minimal right now. I guess I'm choosing to be present in real life as opposed to the virtual space where I spent the last twenty years? These last precious days of summer are being spent on swimming, gardening, experimenting with cocktails (hey, someone's gotta do it) playing with the pups, reading a little, writing a lot, and watching a fair bit of TV (I'm probably consuming more news than I should, but the midterms are coming and I want to brace myself). I got my first hair cut in three years and my first facial in six months. 

We've had houseguests and family get-togethers. Life is returning to normal. This weekend we're getting our next booster shot.

The new normal. 

You really can't ask for more than that. Yes, everything is different now. The pandemic years changed... everything. Changed me. But I'm happy and I'm more creative (and more productive) than I've been in years, so it's all good.

And what did you do on your summer vacation? 


No comments:

Post a Comment