Friday, August 19, 2016

Cover Challenge #2 THE MONET MURDERS

Here's the blurb: The last thing Jason West, ambitious FBI special agent with the Art Crimes Team wants -- or needs -- is his uncertain and unacknowledged romantic relationship with legendary Behavioral Analysis Unit Chief Sam Kennedy.


And it seems like Sam is unsold on the idea as well.


But personal feelings must be put aside when Sam requests Jason's help in order to catch a deranged killer targeting wealthy, upscale art collectors.


I'm not sure if it makes it harder or easier that I'm not crazy about the cover for book one. (The model appears to have vanished from Shutterstock, which makes it more challenging too--but in any case he was a bit young for Sam Kennedy and way too blond for Jason West.)


So I guess this could go either way. It's possible that a completely new concept would make me rethink Mermaid's cover--you might find yourself with a commission for two book covers.


Or not.


I honestly don't know because I'm pretty divided on this one.


It might be safer to stick with just picking up style elements from Mermaid and applying them to Monet?


Questions can be posted below -- though clearly I will not have much in the way of answers. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment