Friday, March 10, 2023

What I Did on My Winter Vacation

 I'm not great at balancing work and play. It had been eighteen months since my last vacation (meaning actually walking away from my house and all the chores and projects and work stuff that inevitably happens if you stay on the premises instead of fleeing into the night). The truth is, being a control freak, I find it difficult to let go enough to take a real vacation. 

BUT I DID IT. AND LET ME TELL YOU, THIS VACATION THING COULD REALLY CATCH ON.

Anyway, my sisters and I went to Catalina Island (right off the coast of Los Angeles) for seven nights and six GLORIOUS days of sunshine--well, no, it rained A LOT (which we love even more than sunshine) and talking and walking and drinking and eating and streaming every documentary, every everything we could find on the Murdaugh trial. We laughed, we cried, we sang to the ocean waves (but really, we did). We watched seals and tried to find pelicans. We had wine and cheese on our balcony overlooking the beach. We had many, many Blue Hawaiis (which is my new cocktail to master).

Anyway, it was genuinely restful and rejuvenating. I can't tell you how much better I feel. Calmer, happier, and inspired.

So I thought I'd share view vacation pics. 








5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful vacation. The photo with your sisters is very nice! Glad you had a good time to recharge your emotional batteries and inspiration.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Also looking forward to next installment of the Adrien "with an E" English series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Also looking forward to next installment of the Adrien 'with an E' English series :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got away, rain or shine...and that you enjoyed yourself. With family it can go either way. ;)

    ReplyDelete