Friday, January 7, 2022

Get Well Soon!

 


Basically, I've been sick since Christmas Eve. 

I mean... 

First there was the light but might-this-portend-worse-things? cold. Which meant stay home and don't risk getting anyone else sick. Which, frankly, isn't just pandemic protocol, it's the normal thing we all have always hopefully done. 

This sneezy, breezy, wheezy cover girl period was followed immediately by getting our booster shots (there was a COVID scare at the SO's work) and my usual (bad) reaction to that. 

Does a bad reaction to the booster mean you would get really sick with COVID or your immune system is in full working order? I don't know. And I'm not sure I want to think about it.

Is it a cold or COVID? 

Anyway, no sooner did I recover from the booster reaction than I got sick again! Sore throat, cough, the whole shebang only x 10. What. The. Hell. 

Which is where I am right now--coming out of four days of feeling like utter shite. 

But you know what? IT'S OKAY. I've only actually lost a couple days work--THANK YOU FOR MY NEW IMPROVED SANE SCHEDULE WHICH ALLOWS ME TO BE SICK WITHOUT FEAR--and I'm still feeling happy and excited and hopeful (partly because I continue to resist watching the news which, judging by the tiny peek I took a couple of days ago, is pretty damned dire). 

My current plan is to finish Hide and Seek, do the final Adrien English coda for the Fatal Shadows Collector's Edition, and then dive into The Movie-Town Murders. 

May I say here that my research for TMTM is frankly disturbing. Snuff films? Really? Where the hell--and hell is the right word--did I come up with that one? I mean, it makes sense, given past events within the series, but still. It's troubling. It's the stuff of bad dreams. 

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one under the weather, so here's a bit of Jacquie Lawson charm and comfort to counteract.

GET WELL SOON! 




3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. And everything else! I don't think reactions to the vaccine mean anything other than individual results may vary, but sorry you suffered. There's flu, pneumonia, colds going around so kind of hard to miss it all.

    Hang in there! We're ok with superficial snuff details - don't give yourself nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. and as we jews say it: refua shlema! which means: get completely healthy ;-)
    and sooner rather than later

    ReplyDelete