Friday, March 21, 2014

And the winner is....SLAY RIDE

Well, we had some interesting voting! In some cases my favorites turned out to be really, really different from the popular choices. So it's a good thing I put in that little caveat about overruling the vote when necessary because... 

SLAY RIDE

There were just so many great ideas for this cover -- which is astonishing, given that nobody had almost anything to work with in the way of direction or story hints! I honestly could have gone with any number of the submissions, but I knew the perfect cover the second I saw it. It captures the noir vibe and has an uncanny number of story details.

So the cover commission goes to Catherine Dair for #11








The popular vote, however, went to  two efforts by Minu --  #17 & 19 -- so congratulations on your talented work and thank you for those lovely covers! This is all the more impressive as Minu wrote that these are her first ever covers.




























In addition, I fell in love with Johanna's adorable cover with the guy bundled up in a sweater, and I decided to commandeer it for an as yet unnamed and unknown Christmas story. Now all I have to do is write the story!

 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats everyone! Beautiful covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! Congrats to all! Such beautiful covers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My congratulations for the winner and for the finalists. Nice covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete