Thursday, December 8, 2022

Advent Calendar Day 8

 My Retro Holiday Playlist 

(If your life was an old holiday movie...)





1 - Snow - Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, et al


2 - I Love the Winter Weather - Jo Stafford


3 - A Winter Romance - Dean Martin


4 - Music Maestro Please - The Mills Brothers


5 - I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Mildred Bailey


6 - Christmas Night in Harlem - Louis Armstrong


7 - I'll Be Home for Christmas - Bing Crosby


8 - Canadian Sunset - Dean Martin


9 - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland


10 - A Marshmallow World - Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra


11 - In the Gloaming by the Fireside - Jo Stafford


12 - Moonlight in Vermont - Margaret Whiting


13 - The Christmas Song - Doris Day


14 - The Things We Did Last Summer - Dean Martin


15 - White Christmas - Bing Crosby


16 - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Ella Fitzgerald






Okay, what's your old holiday movie soundtrack? :-D 

10 comments:

  1. Love see Jo Stafford on the list, one of my favorites - along with often overlooked Lee Wiley. I would add in Art Tatum "I've Got My Love too Keep Me Warm".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we just discovered this morning that Chris Isaac has a new Christmas album. I recommend his first one.
    I have to say, there are very few Christmas songs I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot judge. I asked Santa for Taylor Swift's Xmas album. :-D

      Delete
  3. Those are all on my favorites list! Just for silliness I also like "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" 😄 I would add Bing Crosby and David Bowie's "Little Drummer Boy" duet.
    As long as I don't hear the unbearably shrill "All I Want for Christmas is You" or "Santa Baby" sung by anyone other than Eartha Kitt, I'm fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any Christmas song by Nat King Cole is perfection. And Christmas is not Christmas without a little Satchmo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mahalia Jackson …. https://music.apple.com/us/album/no-room-at-the-inn/1032609846?i=1032610052

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the link didn’t work… the song was the jazzy version of “no room at the inn” Mahalia Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a lot of the traditional songs. This is a great list, although I'd need to add Let It Snow and Please Come Home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My very favorite Christmas song is "Please Come Home for Christmas" (Charles Brown, Aaron Neville, Eagles). Also, "O Holy Night" (Pavarotti). It's not really Christmas until Darlene Love sings "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" now only on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete