Friday, December 3, 2021

Advent Calendar Day 3

 Good morning! 

Or is it evening?

Or is this your lunch break? ;-) 

Did you ever see the Rankin/Bass Production of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Once upon a time watching Rudolph was a holiday tradition. So much so, that I remember showing it to the SO our first Christmas together. He was...well, it probably wasn't noir enough for him. All that snow and singing elves. ;-) 

We do have a holiday movie tradition, and that's watching The Thin Man with William Powell and Myrna Loy. 

I don't know if the 1967 film Cricket on the Hearth is one of your holiday classics or soon-to-be holiday classics, but here it is for your viewing enjoyment (it's just over half an hour long, so grab a cuppa or a glassa and relax for a little bit).





6 comments:

  1. We used to watch Rudolph every year. Pretty much the only tradition we have now is going out for s ride to look at lights. I love the Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that too! My mom's birthday is Christmas Eve, so on our way home, we always drive around for a bit and look at all the lights and the glowing windows. It's lovely. Though puzzling for the dogs, who are in the car with us. :-D

      Delete
  2. My father and I had a holiday movie tradition in which every Christmas afternoon, we'd go to see a really bad movie — or at least a movie that no one else in the family wanted to see.

    This was long before going to the movies became everyone's favorite holiday pastime. Most of the time we were just about the only people in the theater, aside from maybe a homeless person sleeping in the front row.

    I remember seeing The Jerk, Flash Gordon, Where's Poppa (not as a new release), and for some reason, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (although the dates don't line up, so it was likely a second-run showing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched Rudolph every year. It's such a cute story. I'll still watch it if I happen to catch when it's going to air. Koi

    ReplyDelete
  4. When hubby and I started dating (in 1994) we started a tradition of going to the gorgeous, historic Alabama Theatre every year to see "White Christmas." We started taking the nieces and nephews as they came along, then adding their bfs and gfs. These days, our whole family gathers - including my little GREAT-nieces and -nephews now!- at my sister's to watch it, eat, drink, and laugh. And drink 😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cuuute!
    My tradition movie is not really a Christmas movie and it's kind of a sad story. But "Winter's tale" is also so magical, snowy and full of goodness that's my to go to Christmas movie.

    ReplyDelete