Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Advent Calendar Day 23

 And now for something completely different. ;-) 

Joel Leslie Froomkin recently did a live reading of A Christmas Carol to benefit the Ali Forney Center. So far they've managed to raise over $2000. for homeless teens. If that isn't a demonstration of the spirit of Christmas, I don't know what is.

Joel very generously offered to share his performance with us, so here for your listening pleasure on this wintery December morning (a mere TWO days before Christmas) is the full reading of A Christmas Carol.

God bless us, every one. 

14 comments:

  1. I don't like readings as I can't visualize the story the way I do while reading, but I have to say it's amazing the way it is performed. It's a real talent! Plus the pronounciation is so good that even a French speaker like me can understand every single word! :O So a big woaw and lots of applause to Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Josh and Joel Leslie Froomkin!
    This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a treat! Very nice of him, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listened to this as I baked my ten millionth Christmas cookies and bourbon balls ! Made the time fly.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to find just the right time to enjoy and enjoy I did. I love Joel's voice! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very enjoyable reading and for an important cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes. So happy to be able to share the word.

      Delete