Friday, June 10, 2022

LAMENT AT LOON LANDING Playlist


Just wanted to reassure everyone that although I did delete the preorder for Lament at Loon Landing on Amazon, the book is still happening. Because I'm writing so slowly, I needed a few more weeks to get it done, that's all. 

In the meantime, I've been listening to the playlist I made for the book, and you might enjoy it as well. 

Because this installment takes place during a maritime musical festival on Buck Island, you'd probably expect to hear more (or some) sea chanteys, but somehow that's not happening. 

The Kathleen Edwards' songs seem to represent the character of Lara Fairchild, and her character is changing as I write. She's more complicated and more of a catalyst than I originally thought.

Also, Jack and Ellery are pretty solid at this point. They don't have an official commitment, but they're obviously committed to each other despite their occasional clashes. I mean, occasional clashes are a fact of any long term relationship. In book time they've only known each other a few months, so they're actually moving pretty quickly. If this was real life, the people closest to them would be telling them to pump the brakes. Not counting the islanders, of course, because they can see what's what. 

Anyway, the playlist...



Goodnight, California - Kathleen Edwards

Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

Butter - BTS

Riptide - Vance Joy

Shooting Star - Owl City 

In State - Kathleen Edwards

The Dark and Rolling Sea - Al Stewart

All In - Lifehouse 

Shoulder - Ed Patrick 

Back to Me - Kathleen Edwards 

Even if it's Lonely - Hazlett



17 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this! I love this series and especially Jack. He's a such good anchor for Ellery. I've been enjoying seeing their relationship progress and I'm loving all the quirky citizens of Pirate's Cove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about this series I really love. Granted, I love all my series, but this particular world and all the kooky side characters add to the pleasure--even though the village of Pirate's Cove is clearly as dangerous and violent a place to live as Detroit. ;-D

      Delete
    2. And count me in, too, as a HUGE "Secrets and Scrabble" fan! I love everything about Pirates Cove! Every. Thing. Even the phenomenally high per capita murder rate 🤣 I'll bet I've read/listened to each one a dozen times!

      Delete
    3. It's one of my all-time highest performing series, which I still find surprising. I think it proves erotic content is not a requirement in M/M fiction. Not that I don't love writing books with erotic content, but I do get REALLY tired of people insisting it's not M/M if it doesn't have graphic sexual content.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed this playlist. Thanks so much for creating and sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's interesting how much the playlists influence the writing.

      Delete
  3. I just preordered book 7 and then wondered what happened to book 6. Look forward to it when it’s ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming to have Lament at Loon Landing out mid-July! This will be another one without preorders, but the book is absolutely going to happen.

      Delete
  4. Sorry this is not on topic with this blog post. I just received my copy of Fatal Shadows and my mind is blown away with how beautiful this book is. I haven't bought an actual book in ages but I could not pass this one up. Josh, you out did yourself! Thank you from maureenm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The price still makes me queasy, but I'm really proud of the final result. ♥

      Delete
    2. And we appreciate that. 🙂 But it's worth every cent, Josh! Couldn't have been easy to do but it's 💯

      Delete
  5. Oh, thanks for this - I was getting worried :) but I could see book 7 already, so I was just confused.
    I agree with your previous comment that for it to be an M/M book it does NOT need any graphic sex. In fact, it's a little bit tiresome and I usually just browse over those pages until I get back into the "real" action again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Also, it's tiresome trying to wedge sex scenes into books when in real life NO ONE would be stopping to have sex under those circumstances. :-D

      Delete
  6. Could you clarify if Book 6 is still released in July 2022 can we still expect Book 7 in August 2022 as currently scheduled on Amazon or will it be delayed until later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous. Because Book 7 has preorders attached and Book 6 does not, I'm trying to hit the August 14 deadline for Death at the Deep Dive. Lament at Loon Landing should follow a few weeks later. The change in the release order of the books won't change anything in the long term (or even really the short term) so it makes sense to prioritize the book with existing preorders. Sorry for the confusion!

      Delete
  7. Wow and it now is February/March-ish????

    ReplyDelete