Friday, February 18, 2022

GOOD GRIEF, GERTRUDE!

 We are now on the NINTH round of (format) edits for Fatal Shadows: The Collector's Edition.


I'm sure there are still things we've missed, but at some point you have to let go and jump, and I think we're there. Hopefully, this weekend will see the Amazon version go live. 

It's such a crazy little book! I don't mean Fatal Shadows itself, although yes, that too. But all the goofy extras. I've really enjoyed immersing myself in Adrien's world again--way more than I'd expected. But I mean, it's hard to know what YOU'LL make of it. It's definitely a Fans Only kind of thing. 

It's been an interesting month. I had food poisoning (?!!) for four days last week. It was BRUTAL. We'll leave it there because...not glamorous, that's for sure. Not that glamour is a huge part of the writing life, but it's usually not that abject and desperate, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I couldn't help thinking that poisoning someone is a particularly terrible way to kill them. Nice people do not poison others. Regardless of the provocation.

I think we're still on track for a March release of The Movie-Town Murders. I'm a little nervous because next month also includes doing two years-worth of taxes and a week-long visit from my best pal, but the book is proceeding apace and (thank God) I'm really enjoying this revised storyline. 

You can read a snippet over on my website.

Oh! Short Stories 2 is out--has been out for over a week--and is available for sale pretty much everywhere. It sort of got lost in the shuffle. As a matter of fact, I did several box sets over the past weeks, and I think I'll run a 50% sale on them all before the end of the month, so if you've been hoping for a little bit of a deal, keep your eyes peeled. I'll announce it here too and all over social media, but it's easy to miss that kind of news in the never-ending airhorn blast of buymebuymebuyme.

What else? 

Ah. One more thing. I've reluctantly made the decision to skip GRL this year. I just feel like I've got so much catching up to do after the disaster of last year. I want this to be a really good year, a productive and creative year. And so far, despite the (almost constantly??!!) being sick, so far, so good. I'm just going to focus on, er, regrouping and regathering. So it's disappointing, but it also feels like the sensible choice given where I am right now.

How are YOU doing? How's the year treating you so far? 



 


11 comments:

  1. You know how I am. Hanging in. I'm skipping GRL this year too. I'll miss seeing everyone, but it's too close to the end if my chemo to travel. I'm so glad you're feeling better and things are progressing nicely. Be sure and give your bestie a hug from me! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not going to GRL figured into my calculations as well, to TBH. <3

      Delete
  2. Hi, I hope your sickness rate is complete for this year! Wishing health and productivity. One question: is The Movie-Town Murders the final volume of the series? Do we have to say goodbye to Sam and Jason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more book after this! The two largest plot threads were two long to tie up in this book. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the answer! Farewell is postponed for now. ;)

      Delete
    3. So, the squeaky little dog woke me up for a trip outside/snacks which triggered the new kitten and the senior cat to start wrestling on my head. And then I remembered that I hadn't yet read the new "Movie Town Murders" snippet! Sooooo...
      Oh. My. Gosh. Josh, this revised plot line is going to be so fabulous! And I'm totally here for it.

      Delete
  3. Reading so much m/m goodness that my own writing is starting to inch towards the back burner! I snapped up Short Stories 2 so fast that when I went to give it 5 stars on Goodreads, they didn't have a picture of the cover available. Looking forward to Fatal Shadows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tired and anguish. It is all working and pain. I need all the distraction I can get. Thinking of you and naturally of you Marilyn. I need you both and send you my love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm unlikely to get to GRL either this year, travelling is just too complicated still - not to mention expensive! I'll try again next year!
    Fingers crossed you've done with being sick for 2022 now and the rest of your year will be relaxed and productive. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Food poisoning is the WORST!! OK, obviously deadly poisoning is the worst but... Yeeesh. Poor you. 😟 All the rest is good news though! Glad you're feeling happy and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you were sick. I had food poisoning once, not fun!
    I can't wait for Fatal Shadows, i'm sure it's great!
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete