Friday, February 7, 2020

THE DANGEROUS GROUND SERIES playlist

The thing about playlists is I usually devise a playlist based on what I think I know about the story I'm going to write. But that story inevitably changes through the very writing of it--that's the creative process--and when I get to the final stage of editing a book, sometimes the playlist begins to feel like...WHAAAAA?!

So there's often a final, revised playlist. But in this case, as I look over the entire series, these are the songs that have always felt like Will and Taylor to me. I mean, even to the point that if I hear them somewhere, I think about Will and Taylor. :-D That's how real characters become to the author.  I should say some characters--mostly series characters--because there are plenty of books where I wasn't moved to write a playlist or one particular song was all that really resonated.

Anyway, if I look all the previous playlists for the Dangerous Ground series, these are the songs that really stayed with me.

So for your listening enjoyment...

The Quintessential Dangerous Ground Playlist






2 comments:

  1. Great list, Josh. I love, love, love Runaway Train. Now that I've played it, it will be with me for at least 24 hours. Thanks. <3

    ReplyDelete