Friday, August 17, 2018

Nothing Gold Can Stay

I dread the end of summer.

Which is strange because I actually love the fall--and then winter brings the holidays, which I also love.

But somehow I feel melancholy as summer begins to wind down. Not that there isn't plenty of bounce left in summer because although the nieces and nephews are headed back to school (college for three of them and the final year of high school for the youngest) we've still got many, many days of scorching temperatures ahead.

Many long, lingering twilights and moonlight swims. Fresh picked fruit and grilled salmon suppers and homemade ice cream experiments (the red chili coffee ice cream was an interesting one). Listening to the chimes through the open windows at night--and songbirds at the crack of dawn.

Anyway, it's been a busy and eventful couple of months--I feel like I'm finally FINALLY beginning to catch up a little. Maybe. 

I'm hoping to finish up Seance on a Summer's Night by the end of the month. It will be available for sale in print only--well, and eventually audio. It's going to be our first experiment with Ingramspark and the beginning of maneuvering my print backlist away from Createspace/Amazon.

After Seance I get back to work on The Ghost Had an Early Check-Out. That's slated for a fall release. (It will be available in print and audio as well, yes!)

Speaking of audio, Kevin R. Free is back to narrate In Other Words...Murder (that's likely an October release) and I've been talking to Joel Froomkin about narrating Green Glass Beads (that would be more like a November release--although I'm hoping to have it to my patrons for Halloween). ;-)

That's probably going to be it for the year. I'm attending GRL in October--my first time!--and then we'll be into the holidays and the annual Advent Calendar and THEN before I know it, the next Sam and Jason will be due... Yikes!

Hope you're making the most of these final golden days of summer...






17 comments:

  1. And then it will be next year, and then...and then...Hello Will and Taylor! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure will. Ha. WILL. I will TAYLOR the year to them. ;-D

      Delete
    2. I wanna love this SO many times.

      Delete
  2. That is exciting news about Kevin. I hope you love Joel as much as I do. Everything he does is fabulous. I would love to have Green Glass Beads in audio! Enjoy the last weeks of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do too! He's been recced to me many times over the years--and I know he has a facility for accents, which are so damn tricky.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I luff him!!! Plus I'd get lynched if I tried to change narrators now. :-D

      Delete
  4. Joel is one of my favorites! I am listening to a book narrated by him now. I'm hoping that I can snag him some day for TDW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. I've heard many good things. This will be our trial run.

      Delete
  5. Will the books really not be available as an ebook? (doesn't have to be Kindle!) I'm finding now as I'm older my eyesight just isn't up to normal print anymore :( though I guess if that's all that's available, I'll have to try - can't do without a Josh Lanyon book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one that will not be available for sale as an ebook is Seance on a Summer's Night. That's because it's a Patreon exclusive. Everything else will continue like usual. :-)

      Delete
    2. Does that mean you have to buy it from Patreon?

      Delete
    3. No. The print and audio will go into regular distribution channels. :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to meeting you at GRL! So glad you are attending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! I am so thrilled to hear Mr. Free is coming back to do Kit & JX again. Whew!! I have the 3 previous, and his humor and tone is just perfect for these characters. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete