Friday, April 6, 2018

MURDER TAKES THE HIGH ROAD - Playlist

I'm going to be honest here and admit this playlist is completely self-indulgent. I threw in some of my favorite Gaelic songs and a few odd things from my misspent past--they don't really have ANYTHING to do with this kooky, quirky cozy mystery about murder stalking a busload of tourists visiting the haunts and habitats of their favorite Scottish mystery author Dame Vanessa Rayburn. And yet they do.

Anyway, this music seems perfect for this book, for a number of reasons--which I hope will be clear once you've read the book. :-)  It comes out April 23rd from Carina Press.



































9 comments:

  1. Again, I approve of your taste in music, and your playlist! :-)
    May I suggest the following? Jasmine Thompson's Willow... Nicely ethereal. :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5aKoIffRDI&index=329&list=LLmWiYnHBOM0Q7wVoQ31jxnw&t=0s

    Plus, I am so excited to read this next book of yours ever since I read the excerpt you so kindly shared with us! I am supposed to be trying to write up my final year project, as well as complete my second assignment for university...and it comes out on 23 April, which is 4 days before my first deadline! ;-D Sweet mercy! Hahaha, I will just have to hold off acquiring it until after my second deadline on 4 May... Soooo painful! But worth it. ;-)
    Best and warmest wishes from London where spring hath finally sprung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're having a lovely, lovely spring! And good luck with those projects!!

      Delete
  2. I'm already in love with the book just through the music. Bring it, April 23! (Now I'm going to singing In A Big Country all day :p )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll love Runrig, and Coast if you don't already listen to them; as well as Adrian Nation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We grew up listening to Runrig, but I've never heard of the last two!

      Delete
  4. I may have missed you mentioning this, but is the 4th Holmes and Moriarity pushed back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I mentioned it, but it's pushed back to May 30th -- largely because April is tax month, which I'd kind of forgotten--and I already have two books out this month. :-/

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I think Goodreads still had it listed for April, but at least I have something good to look forward to in May! :D

      Delete